Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much - Helen Keller
Are you interested in serving on our country chapter board?
The IABC India Chapter is looking for people who want to lead – whether you are new to the profession or a seasoned communicator, there’s always room to grow.
As an IABC volunteer leader, you’ll expand your leadership skills, create new relationships and increase your value to your organization.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work with professionals locally in India, regionally across APAC and globally.
- You’ll learn best practices on management, strategic planning, budget-setting and presenting.
- Access to IABC’s Leader Centre with a focus on developing leadership skills.
- You’ll have fun working with great people while expanding your knowledge base.
As an existing IABC member in good standing, we invite you to submit a nomination for the following positions on the IABC India board.
Open Board Positions
- Vice President
- Communication Director
- Finance Director
- Membership Director
- Certification Director
- Program Director
Click here to read about the duties and responsibilities of the above positions.
Start by going through the details below and submit your nomination form by May 31, 2022.
Eligibility & Evaluation Criteria
All nominees should be of good character and have the genuine interest of IABC and its members at heart. A good working knowledge of the following is assumed for all nominees, along with a commitment to upholding good governance:
- IABC Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct
- IABC Conflict of Interest Policy including disclosing any actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest
- IABC APAC Bylaws
- IABC leadership structure
A number of criteria will be taken into consideration when evaluating nominations, including:
- Previous leadership and management skills and experience, as demonstrated both in professional and IABC volunteer roles.
- Strategic thinkers who are also keen to roll up their sleeves, as well as demonstrated business and financial acumen.
- History of achievement and delivering on commitments, as demonstrated through this application, CV, and referee checks.
- A strong service ethic; this is a working board, not an honorary role. Applicants should be skilled at both delivery and leading through others.
- Demonstrated competency as a communication practitioner and a strong interest in the advancement of the profession.
- Strong team player – a virtual board must build rapport quickly and be adept at working well together.
- Ensuring that the board represents a mix of geographic, cultural, chapter size/strength members.
- Business acumen – running a region is a bit like running a small business.
- Commitment – being able to commit to the role and expectations as a director of a board including portfolio plans, reporting to the board and attendance at board meetings.
All applications will be reviewed by:
- Vice President
- Immediate Past President
The evaluation committee’s recommendations for the 2022-23 board will be announced on June 15th, 2022. Board roles commence July 1, 2022.
The Board may also appoint volunteers to help carry out project/ program/ portfolio specific duties. These volunteers will report to the Chapter President.
If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com.
GO TO > NOMINATION FORM